Integrated Regional Water Management Grant Programs
Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) is a collaborative effort to manage all aspects of water resources in a region. IRWM crosses jurisdictional, watershed, and political boundaries; involves multiple agencies, stakeholders, individuals, and groups; and attempts to address the issues and differing perspectives of all the entities involved through mutually beneficial solutions.
Our IRWM grant programs fund:
- Disadvantaged community involvement
- To determine which region you reside in or to find more information on a particular region, view the Water Management Planning Tool, an interactive map application that allows you to overlay numerous Geographic Information Systems (GIS) layers onto a map of California.
- The Disadvantaged Communities (DAC) Mapping Tool is a web-based application to assist local agencies and other interested parties in evaluating disadvantaged community (DAC) status throughout the State, using the definition provided by Proposition 84 IRWM Guidelines (2015).
- The Economically Distressed Area (EDA) Mapping Tool is a web-based application to assist local agencies and other interested parties in evaluating Economically Distressed Area (EDA) status throughout the State, using the definition specified under the Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014 (Proposition 1) Economically Distressed Area Instructions.
- 2016 IRWM Planning Grant Agreement Template
- Center Point of Latitude and Longitude for IRWM Regions
- CEQA: Environmental Information Form
- Certification for Compliance with Water Metering Requirements for Funding Application
- Climate Change Handbook for IRWM Planning Presentation Handout
- Climate Change Handbook for IRWM Planning Presentation Slides
- Climate Change Handbook for Regional Water Planning
- Disadvantaged Community Involvement Agreement Template
- Final IRWM Climate Change Document Clearinghouse
- Financial Statement Summary Form
- GIS Files: 48 IRWM Regions (ArcMap Version 10.4, Updated 09/18/17): Layer Package
- GIS Files: 48 IRWM Regions (ArcMap Version 10.4, Updated 09/18/17): Shapefiles
- Groundwater Management Plan Self-Certification Form
- Conservation, Development, and Utilization Of State Water Resources [10000 - 12999]: Part 2.2. Integrated Regional Water Management Plans [10530 - 10552]
- Disaster Preparedness and Flood Prevention Bond Act of 2006 [5096.800 - 5096.968]
- The Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act Of 2006 [75001 - 75130]
- Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014 [79700 - 79798]
- Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act Of 2002 [79500 - 79591]
Newsletters & Subscriptions
How to Contact Us
Find general contact information in the directory, or select the button below for IRWM, including regional and grant contacts.