Welcome to DWR's 'Public Notices' section. We list here all current public notices of interest to both the public and private sectors, including notices of public hearings, intent to award contracts and grants and purchases.
All current Public Notices are listed and accessed through the navigation column to the right. Past notices are archived and accessed throughout the 'Archives' link at the bottom of the listings.
- Notice of Preparation (NOP) (7/13/2018) – DWR released an NOP for the development of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the proposed State Water Project Water Supply Contract Amendments for Water Management and California WaterFix (proposed project). Any interested person may comment on the scope of the EIR for the proposed project. Comments must be in writing and received by 5 p.m. on August 13, 2018, which is 30 days after publication of the NOP.
Send your written comments to: Cassandra Enos-Nobriga, Executive Advisor, State Water Project, Department of Water Resources, 1416 Ninth Street, Room 1148-3, Sacramento CA 95814, or by email to ContractAmendment_comments@water.ca.gov.
DWR will hold a scoping meeting on Thursday, August 2, 2018 in the Resources Building Auditorium, 1416 Ninth Street, Sacramento, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., which will include a brief presentation about the proposed project followed by public comment on the scope and content of the EIR analysis.
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Action (6/25/2018)- This is a 5-working-day notice to review the Finding of Emergency and revised emergency regulations. At the end of the 5-working-day review period, DSOD will submit the emergency regulations to the Office of Administrative Law (OAL). Once OAL posts the regulations on their website, they will accept comments for 5 calendar days. Please contact Kristen Martin at email@example.com or (916) 227-2170 with any questions.
- Notice of Proposed Action (6/8/2018) – DSOD is proposing to adopt permanent regulations that establish standards for inundation maps. Please see the Notice of Proposed Action for details on how to submit comments on the proposed regulations. Please contact Kristen Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 227-2170 with any questions.
- Notice of Availability of The Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for The Yolo Bypass Salmonid Habitat Restoration and Fish Passage Project
Notice to Readopt Emergency Regulations for Inundation Maps (March 28, 2018)
- Annual Fees Regulations (Emergency Regulations Adopted by DWR)
- Inundation Map Regulations
- Inundation Map Regulations (effective 10/19/2017)
- Finding of Emergency
- FEMA 333 (2004): Federal Guidelines for Dam Safety
- FEMA P-946 (2013): Federal Guidelines for Inundation Mapping
- FERC Engineering Guidelines for the Evaluation of Hydropower Projects, Ch. VI: Emergency Action Plans
- FERC Engineering Guidelines for the Evaluation of Hydropower Projects, Ch. II: Selecting and Accommodating Inflow Design Floods for Dams
- FERC Relicensing for South SWP Hydropower Facilities
- Dutch Slough Tidal Marsh Restoration Project
- Notice of Preparation
- Sherman and Twitchell Island Fish Screens Project
- Notice of Completion
- Initial Study/Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Sherman Island Whale’s Mouth Wetland Restoration Project
- Travel Payment to Agency Report