CalSim 3 is a new and improved water resources planning model, jointly developed by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) and the Mid-Pacific Region of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), to simulate operations of the State Water Project (SWP) and the Central Valley Project (CVP) and much of the water resources infrastructure in the Central Valley of California and the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta region. It is the next generation of the CalSim-II model which has been used in various Central Valley water resources planning studies since its release in 2002.
Major improvements and enhancements in CalSim 3.0 include:
- Finer model spatial resolution
- Better water supply and demand estimation
- Improved groundwater representation and simulation
- Enhanced model validation
- Extended model spatial and temporal domain
- Advanced model engine (WRIMS 2.0)
- Thorough model documentation
- Model supporting tools
- To view input and output dss files, please download HEC-DSSVue.
- To exchange time series data between dss and Excel files, please download HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In.
- CalSim is an application of WRIMS. CalSim 3.0 can be viewed and run with the WRIMS GUI. For more information about WRIMS and to download WRIMS, please click here.
- CalSim 3.0 is written in the WRESL and WRESL+ language.
• 01 DWR-Reclamation Coordination - Jobaid Kabir
• 02 Why CalSim 3 - Francis Chung
• 03 CalSim 3 Beta Release Package - Hongbing Yin
• 04 Workshop Structure - Erik Reyes
• 05 System Representation And Network Schematic - Hongbing Yin
• 06 Sacramento Valley Rim Hydrology - Jay Wang
• 07 Sacramento Valley Floor Hydrology - Richard Chen
• 08 CalSimHydro - Idy Lui
• 09 CalSimHydro Web Application - Liheng Zhong
• 10 Water Rigth And Contracts - Liheng Zhong
• 11 ET - Liheng Zhong
• 12 Closure Terms - Liheng Zhong
• 13 Groundwater - Can Dogrul
• 14 Delta Hydrology - Idy Lui
• 15 Hydrology Implementation - Richard Chen
• 16 WRIMS 2 User Interface - Hao Xie
• 17 Model Calibration - Idy Lui
• 18 Model Validation - Hongbing Yin
• 19 Sample CalSim 3 Aplication Climate Change - Jay Wang
Email Us: CalSim3Contact@water.ca.gov