Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Program
California law requires agencies to adopt policies and procurement practices that will enable the State’s certified Small Business (SB) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) firms to gain at least 25 percent and 3 percent shares, respectively, of the State’s total procurement dollars.
We actively promote achieving these participation goals in our $350 million average annual expenditures for services, contracts, and commodity purchases. Specifically, we help members of California’s SB & DVBE business community successfully sell their goods and/or services by providing direct services or by referring them to other State resources.
We offer assistance in the following areas:
- Review SB & DVBE bid documents for compliance with program requirements in advance of submission deadlines
- Distribute capability statements and related informational material to our procurement staff and other State agencies
- Explain essential SB & DVBE program requirements at pre-bid conferences
- Suggest improvements to keyword and UNSPSC (United Nations Standard Products and Services Code®) content in their certification profile in Cal eProcure
Contact us if you would like to request direct services.
2018 DVBE Spending
2018 SB/MB Spending
- Department of General Services, Office of Small Business & Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services (OSDS)
- Cal eProcure
- California Business Portal
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- Northern California Procurement Technical Assistance Center (Norcal PTAC)