Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions
30-Day Public Review and Comment Period of the Draft Addendum to Current Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program Guidelines
The Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program announces the Draft Addendum #1 to its 2016 Program Guidelines (PDF). The Draft Addendum has been prepared to reflect the recent changes to the California Water Code Section 12986 that may affect reimbursement to Delta Levee Maintenance Subvention participants.
This Draft Addendum is posted for a 30-day public comment and review period, which will end Saturday, September 22, 2018.
Comments can be emailed to Andrea.Lobato@water.ca.gov or sent by U.S. Post to:
Andrea L. Lobato, P.E., Manager
Delta Levees Program
Department of Water Resources
Division of Flood Management
3310 El Camino Ave.
Suite 145, Room 152
Sacramento, CA 95821
The Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program provides funding on a cost-share basis to local levee maintaining agencies for rehabilitation and maintenance of levees in the Delta. The program is authorized by the California Water Code to fund levee work with the purpose of preserving the Delta's invaluable resources including highly productive agriculture, recreational assets, fisheries, and wildlife. We periodically develop program criteria that are adopted by the (CVFPB, formerly known as the Reclamation Board). The Subventions Program works closely with the Delta Levees Special Flood Control Projects Program, as well as with the Delta Ecosystem Enhancement Branch.
Who can participate in the program?
- Levee maintaining agencies (LMAs)
- Reclamation districts (RDs)
- Other government agencies responsible for maintaining levees in the Delta
Program participants apply for funding annually to assist with levee work that meets DWR's goals and objectives for the Delta, which are guided by the California Water Action Plan and The Delta Plan. The CVFPB reviews and approves DWR's funding recommendations and enters into agreements with local agencies each year to reimburse eligible costs. The program periodically publishes a List of Active Islands.
- The Central Valley Flood Protection Board adopted revised 2016 Maintenance Subventions Guidelines (PDF) in August 2016. These guidelines apply to Subvention funding applications beginning in 2017. Applications for 2016 and prior are guided by the 2011 Guidelines, Procedures, and Criteria (PDF).
- Program participants apply for funding annually to assist with levee work that meets our goals and objectives for the Delta, which are guided by the and The . The CVFPB reviews and approves our funding recommendations and enters into agreements with local agencies each year to reimburse eligible costs. The program periodically publishes a l.
- 2016 Project Solicitation Package (PDF, 3 MB)
- 2016 Project Solicitation Package Announcement (PDF, 44 KB)
- 2016 Project Solicitation Package Results (PDF, 71 KB)
- Attachment A, Labor Compliance (PDF)
- Attachment B, Distribution List (PDF)
- Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program: 2011 Program Guidelines (PDF, 9 MB)
- Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program: 2016 Program Guidelines (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program: List of Active Islands (PDF)
- Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Program 2016 Guidelines-Public Comment and Response
- Delta Levees Subvention Program: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Directed Action process (PDF)
- Directed action temporary suspension (PDF)
- Full Proposal List (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 Application Request Letter (PDF, 5 MB)
- Letter Regarding 2011-2012 Deadlines (PDF)
- List of Active Projects (PDF)
- Memorandum of Understanding between DWR, CVFPB, DFW, and Resources Agency (PDF)
- Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 30-day Comment Period Opens for Addendum 1 to Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Guidelines
- West Delta Program
- Public Comment Period Opens for Central Valley Tributary Program Draft Guidelines (Comment period is now closed)
- Sherman Island “Little Baja and Manzo Ranch” Fish Release Sites
- DWR Solicits Proposals from Local Maintaining Agencies Seeking Financial Assistance