CalConserve Water Use Efficiency Loan Program
AB 92 (Statutes of 2015) authorized the transfer of $10 million from Proposition 1 (Water Code Section 79746) to the CalConserve Water Use Efficiency Revolving Fund to establish a loan program to local agencies for specific types of water conservation and water use efficiency projects and programs to achieve urban water use targets. By the initial solicitation application deadline of August 31, 2016, DWR received qualified proposals for this program requesting a total of $3.25 million from the $10 million program funds.
The CalConserve Revolving Fund Loan Program solicitation is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. The 2016 Guidelines and PSP will be used for this continuous solicitation and projects will be reviewed and scored based on the scoring criteria in the guidelines. Proposal qualifying from eligible applicants receiving a passing score (70) will be invited to complete the loan process.
Current available funding :
- $1.75 million is to be loaned out for water use efficiency upgrades
- $5 million is to be loaned out for fixing expensive and difficult to repair customer leaks
Projects Types :
- Pilot project for local agencies to provide water efficiency upgrades to eligible residents at no upfront costs.
- Local agencies to provide low-interest loans to customers to finance the installation of onsite improvements to repair or replace, as necessary, cracked or leaking water pipes to conserve water.
Local Agencies. Local Agencies are any city, county, city and county, municipal utility district, community services district, sanitary district, sanitation district, water district as defined in Section 20200, public water system as defined in Section 116275 of the Health and Safety Code, or private water company under the jurisdiction of the Public Utilities Commission.
How to Apply :
Proposals will be accepted through the GRanTS Application. Hardcopies should be mailed to:
California Department of Water Resources
Division of Statewide Integrated Water Management
Water Use and Efficiency Branch
PO Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001 A
ttn: Fethi BenJemaa
Awards and Applications :
Successful proposal awards will be posted here as they are awarded.
Due Date: August 31, 2016 at 5:00pm
- 2015 Awards for the CalConserve Revolving Fund Loan Program (12/15/2016)
- 2015 Draft Awards for the CalConserve Revolving Fund Loan Program (8/12/2016)
Final Workshop Presentation [PDF] July 15, 2016, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Department of Water Resources
Large Conference Room, 2nd floor, 901 P Street. Sacramento, CA 95814. Webex was also available
The 30-day public comment period for the Draft CalConserve Water Use Efficiency Revolving Fund 2015 Loan Program - Proposition 1 PSP has closed. Comments were due by the close of business on December 18, 2015.
- AB 92 (Statutes of 2015)
- Assembly Bill AB 2636
- CalConserve Public Flyer
- GHG Assessment for CEQA Purposes: Informal Guidance for Water Related Issues.
- Proposition 1 (Water Code Section 79746)
- Reference 1 Monitoring Plan Guideline for Project Performance
- SB 535 Disadvantaged Communities Map - Cal EnviroScreen 2.0
- Water Code Compliance Requirements