Adaptive Management Program: Interagency Implementation & Coordination Group
The Delta Reform Act of 2009 identified adaptive management as the desired approach to reduce the ecological uncertainty associated with the management of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta system.
The Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), California Department of Water Resources (DWR), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW), collectively the ‘Five Agencies’, are committed to applying the adaptive management approach to improve the Delta and its resources. These five state and federal agencies agree to ongoing adaptive management under the current Biological Opinions of the combined operations of the Central Valley Project (CVP) and State Water Project (SWP), as well as the effects of future operations under California WaterFix (CWF).
The Interagency Implementation and Coordination Group (IICG) as described in the Adaptive Management Program (AMP) and AMP Agreement is co-led by DWR and Reclamation, and will include a representative of Reclamation, USFWS, and NMFS, as well as one designated representative each from DWR, CDFW, a participating SWP contractor, and a participating CVP contractor. Additional staff from any of the IICG members and/or consultants may also provide technical assistance or other support.
About the IICG Meetings:
The IICG meetings are the definitive place for the public to learn about the implementation of the Adaptive Management Program (AMP) and AMP Agreement. Below you will find a list of past IICG meetings where you can review documents, background materials and agendas listing the participants of each meeting.
- IICG Meeting - 03/16/2018
- IICG Meeting - 04/30/2018
- 4/30/2018 Meeting Notes
- IICG Decision Making Process - Draft
- FY2018 Fact Sheet - Near-Field Export Effects & Preferential Pumping
- FY2018 Fact Sheet - Evaluation of Alternative Release Sites & Protocals For Salvaged Fish
- Enhance Acoustic Telemetry Team Summary
- Suisun Marsh Salinity Control Gate Action Pilot Study
- Salmon Survival Engineering Solutions Program (PowerPoint)
- California WaterFix Fish Facilities Tech Team Effort (PowerPoint)
- What new water deals mean and what work is left to be done
- 30-day Comment Period Opens for Addendum 1 to Delta Levees Maintenance Subventions Guidelines
- Protecting the Delta: Proposition 84 at Work in Lodi
- Dutch Slough Project Creates Richer Habitat for Delta Fish and Wildlife
- State's Comprehensive Plan to Improve Flows for Fisheries
- Private sector partnership underlines DWR Flyway Farms restoration project
- Decker Island project restores 140 acres of tidal wetland habitat, aims to boost fish survival rates
- DWR Lead Scientist wins career achievement award
- EcoRestore: Restoring California's Great Estuary
- DWR Initiates Multi-Benefit Tidal Restoration Project Through Public-Private Partnership
You Chen (Tim) Chao
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
P.O. Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001