Our Student Employment Program is designed to acquaint students with our work and employment opportunities. You can gain on-the-job training in your chosen academic field if you're enrolled in high school, college, or any recognized school of learning.
We may hire high school or college students as youth aids to perform clerical duties and other tasks requiring limited or no work experience.
We may hire college students with a declared major as student assistants working in their technical field. Opportunities for student assistants exist in the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Graphic Arts
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Safety Engineering
Youth aids, student assistants, and student assistants in engineering and architectural sciences must carry a minimum of 9 semester or 8 quarter units per academic term.
Graduate student assistants must carry a minimum of 6 semester or 4 quarter units.
All students must maintain a 2.0 G.P.A. per academic term.
Students who do not maintain the required G.P.A. or carry the minimum number of units are subject to termination.
- DWR Assistant Deputy Director Honored for Work on Oroville Spillways
- DWR policy advisor receives recognition for work with California Tribes
- DWR Lead Scientist wins career achievement award
- DWR Engineers Recognized by CAL FIRE for Thomas Wildfire Response
- Applications for DWR’s Annual Apprenticeship Exam Now Available: File In-person on May 2, 2019