The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) established a process for adjudicated basin watermaster or local agencies to report information according to Water Code 10720.8: The watermaster or a local agency within a basin identified in subdivision (a) shall do all of the following:
- (1) By April 1, 2016, submit to the department [DWR] a copy of a governing final judgment, or other judicial order or decree, and any amendments entered before April 1, 2016.
- (2) Within 90 days of entry by a court, submit to the department a copy of any amendment made and entered by the court to the governing final judgment or other judicial order or decree on or after April 1, 2016.
- (3) By April 1, 2016, and annually thereafter, submit to the department a report containing the following information to the extent available for the portion of the basin subject to the adjudication:
- (A) Groundwater elevation data unless otherwise submitted pursuant to Section 10932.
- (B) Annual aggregated data identifying groundwater extraction for the preceding water year.
- (C) Surface water supply used for or available for use for groundwater recharge or in-lieu use.
- (D) Total water use.
- (E) Change in groundwater storage.
- (F) The annual report submitted to the court.
DWR reviewed available adjudication judgements and watermaster annual reports to provide a scope for this system. DWR compiled a list of watermasters and water managers of adjudicated areas specified in the SGMA. DWR developed a draft template for the online reporting tool and presented the template to water managers at an in-person and WebEx workshop on February 3, 2016. DWR has revised the draft template following the valuable interactions at the February 3 workshop.
DWR, in conjunction with their contractor, is developing a detailed data model and building a web-based application system and will roll out this new system for use in early March. The Adjudicated Basin Reporting Website is:http://sgma.water.ca.gov/adjudbasins/
|Development of Reporting System by DWR||January-February, 2016|
|Workshop for Watermasters and Water Managers||February 3, 2016|
|Reporting System Portal available for public use||March, 2016*|
|Adjudicated Basin First Annual Reports due||April 1, 2016|
*Date is subject to change.
Click here to sign up to receive email updates on DWR SGMA activities.
For additional information regarding adjudicated basin reporting, please contact Tim Ross at Timothy.Ross@water.ca.gov or (818)549-2345.