As a result of recent flooding, the multi-day Watershed University event is being replaced by monthly one-hour webinars this year. The planning team was pleased to have Julie Norris and Jennifer Hogan from the Governor's Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) to kick off the webinar series by presenting information on the three hazard mitigation grant programs in the Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Program.
About the speakers
- Jennifer Hogan is a State Hazard Mitigation Officer (SHMO) at CalOES
- Julie Norris is the Pre-Disaster and Flood Mitigation Division Chief at CalOES
Presentation from the webinar and useful links:
- April 18 Webinar Presentation (PDF: 3 MB)
- Cal OES: Statewide disaster declaration information
- Cal OES: 404 Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- FEMA: Fiscal Year 2015 Hazard Mitigation Assistance Guidance and Addendum
- FEMA: Hazard Mitigation Assistance Program, 23 Job Aids
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance pamphlet (PDF: 300 KB)
- Homeowner’s Guide to the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (PDF: 8 MB)
Watershed University is a free event that provides education and networking opportunities for California professionals in floodplain management, water management, emergency management and related fields. Led by the California Silver Jackets, this event is a cooperative effort that evolved from the recognition that some communities could not afford the investment of time and money to send floodplain managers and other professionals to conferences.
If you would like to be added to the mailing list for registration and event information, please send an email to Watershed.University@water.ca.gov