Following adoption of the 2012 Central Valley Flood Protection Plan (2012 CVFPP), the Department of Water Resources funded six regionally-led Regional Flood Management Plans (RFMPs) that describe local and regional flood management priorities, challenges, and potential funding mechanisms along with site-specific improvement needs. These plans provide valuable perspectives from regional and local flood managers that help inform and align CVFPP investment strategies and implementation. The RFMPs also provided a platform for meaningful engagement among DWR and local and regional flood planning entities across the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River basins.
The RFMPs, flood atlases, and contact information for the six regions are available on the following websites:
- Feather River Regional Flood Management Plan
- Mid & Upper Sacramento River Regional Flood Management Plan
- Lower Sacramento River and Delta North Regional Flood Management Plan
- Lower San Joaquin River & Delta South Regional Flood Management Planning
- Mid San Joaquin River Regional Flood Management Plan
- Upper San Joaquin River Regional Flood Management Plan